Borella Seafood is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. We collect and hold your personal information to allow us to perform our business functions.
How we collect your personal information
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including:
- contacting us by phone or email
- participating in a promotion or competition conducted by us
- when you register as a user on our website
- when you place an order via our website
- when you subscribe to our Specials Club
- From third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties
What personal information we collect
Examples of Personal Information we collect includes:
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as addresses, postcode, preferences and interests
- Order information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number and optional account information like username and password
- Location, IP address and browser type
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we might use your personal information
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our goods and services to you, providing information to our service providers and marketing. We may use the information to:
- Improve our products and services.
- Provide you with the Borella Seafood goods or services you request.
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Promote and market current and future products and services to you.
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which we consider may be of interest to you.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our web site without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
However we do share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure;
- and Where required or authorised by law.
- Security of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.